Friday, January 22, 2010

Brown Friday

I know it's Friday and I should be ecstatic, but I've got a bone to pick. Here's the thing: I'm tired of hearin' about how beautiful the world looks when it's blanketed with the pure white of snow. Spring's arrival then has the flowers popping their pastel petals of pink and purple out of the ground to the delight of many. Summer is a rainbow consistin' of colors rangin' from bright greens to brilliant reds and blues. Autumn is the reigning queen of color when the trees burst into flames of yellow, orange and red. Don't get me wrong, they are all beautiful but there is one color feelin' a little left out. Not part of the clique, so to speak. That's what I want to address with today's post.

I want to celebrate the color of BROWN.
Despite it's bad rap, there's a lot of beautiful things that come in the shade of BROWN:


Soft pretzels come in a golden shade of BROWN.




Turkey feathers are mottled with various shades of BROWN.




Groundhogs, biscuits and bully sticks are some
of my most favorite BROWN things.




Great swimmin' holes are one of the coolest BROWNS around.




BROWNIES are off-limits but their wonderful smell still tickles my snooter.




My signature BROWN pawtograph.



You can't see him but this is me pointing to a BROWN rabbit.




Even Mom is accessorizin' with BROWN these days.



I'm feelin' a whole lot better now that I've shown you
just what BROWN can do for you.



But as much as I love BROWN, I'm really hopin'
your weekend delivers something very colorful!!!
Chester ;0=)



20 comments:

Andrea said...

Your pawprint is my most favorite. You are adorable. Give mom a hug from Mom and all our zoo.
Woofs and wags,
sitka

Golden Samantha said...

Wonderful post about BROWN, Chester! YOU are my fave brown of all heheee!!!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Elysa said...

Chester, brown is my favorite color. You know, Dixie is brown also, and little Grace is brindle, so she has a lot of brown. I agree, brown is a color to celebrate!

karenharrisonbinette said...

Chester, I still have to mouth the words as I read and after pastel petals of pink and purple my screen is all splattered with speckles of spittle.
Love the pawtograph.
<3

Remington said...

Brown is a great color but I kinda lean towards black....

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Of khourse, my BUGGIE eyes are brown!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

ajordan said...

I love Big Brown Bear hugs! Have a great weekend, Chester!

Stella said...

If you think brown is forgotten just try black. Its my favorite color. Dogs like me are black, my President is black, some snazzy cars are black, our computer is black. I could go on forever!

Kisses,
Stella

Sagira said...

Well...thank you for sharing all the cool "brown" things out there. We all agree. :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We both have a touch of brown in our furs - it is a great color. We really do like our snow, though.

Happy Friday, Phantom and Thunder

Two French Bulldogs said...

You sure did find some cool brown stuff. We are liking that cake. Wish oh wish the white stuff would disappear just for you
Benny & Lily

JacksDad said...

Don't forget James Brown - cause he makes you feel good, now, like he knew that you would now!! :)

Dexter said...

Everything goes with brown I see.

Slobbers,
Mango

Anonymous said...

Brown never looked so good. I especially like the brown UPS truck when it brings my mom goodies.

Sonny the Schnauzer

Girl Tornado said...

Ringo is applauding your celebration of everything brown... he wants to add that Kansas celebrates the color brown in the winter, not white like most other places. Yup, we've got tons of brown grass and brown trees here! :-)

D.K. Wall said...

We used to love Big Brown because it delivered our food - but then our humans switched food and pick it up in town now.

Bruce said...

I can think of one more brown thing, but I won't say it out loud. It sure feels good after you have one though.
your newest cat friend,
Bruce:)

Dexter said...

Hey Chester! Tell your mom that I know for a fact that PeeWee is a total camera suck up. He walks like that ONLY when he is being filmed. Tricky little devil.

Slobbers,
Mango

Unknown said...

Your right bro...
everything good comes in brown.
norwood

Life With Dogs said...

How did my comment not stick the other day? Shoot!
You forget to mention the treats Truffles fishes out of the litter box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...