Thursday, April 09, 2009

Misery Loves Company

Chester here with yet another issue.

Spring was ushered in what, maybe like 3 weeks ago? It sure hasn't seemed like it. We've had a bushel basket full of wet, cold, wind- and Wednesday it even snowed. By any stretch of the imagination, I am not a dog to lay around, smoking cigarettes, and eating bon-bons in fuzzy pink slippers. Nope, not me. I'm all about racing to the next adventure, ears and tail flapping blatantly in the wind. Sighhhhhhhh..............it's starting to get me kinda depressed.



Now before I lead you astray thinking that I mind the non-spring like weather, that is not the case. In fact, I enjoy flattening my belly on a cold slab of frozen tundra. The problem I'm having is that my favorite sport is suffering from lack of participants. Yep, those ground piggies I so enjoy hunting are for the most part staying tucked tightly into their underground lairs. So what's a groundhog hunting extraordinaire to do when the groundhog community is on strike?

As much as I hate to admit it, the couch with it's splendiferous view of the TV has held my attention here of late. Not the riff-raff of prime time, mind you. But old movies have drawn me in like a mosquito to a swamp full of murky water. Butch Cassidy with his Sundance Kid, James Bond's Goldfinger, Paul Newman as Cool Hand Luke all have kept my attention while the winter winds have kept my furry friends hidden.




So this brings me to a very disturbing part of my story. My mood being as it was, I did not feel in sync with the lightness of a family friendly comedy such as "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda.


As I scanned the movie guide I came across "Misery" with Kathy Bates and James Caan. Now I had seen it before but feeling the way I did it was just what I was looking for. The story line built as I was on the edge of my seat, paws half covering my eyes, scared to watch what I knew was coming. The hobbling scene where Annie breaks Paul's legs.

What!!! My paws flew from my eyes - I had never noticed this before. I could have sworn she used a large hammer. I had to download this picture just so you would believe me. It's Mr. Stick! This goes to show that Sola was not his first victim. He had broken bad before. Were his parents hardheaded and rough on him when he was just a twig? Are they the ones that made him feel lifeless and wooden? Did they splinter his identity, sending him down the wrong path?

Or could it be that the paper being pulled through Paul's typewriter and being slammed by it's keys was a by-product of his parents and his great love for them now has driven him with a vengeance to slay Authors and their families worldwide?



We may never know or understand what goes on behind those googly eyes. I just know that I have no sympathy for him and I'd love to rake him through the mud for what he has done to Sola.

Woofs and miserable slobbers,
Chester

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chester, both Kathy Bates in that movie and Mr. Stick scare me to death. I hope it warms up around there soon.

See ya!
Joey

Holly said...

Chester,
We're right with ya on those sentiments about that dastardly stick!!!

Nibbles Treats said...

Holy Crap it's Mr. Stick!!!

Okay... you got us today. Wasn't expecting the return of Mr. Stick. That made our day. Kudos!

Have a great Easter holiday.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! ... wish I had thought of it!
WELL DONE CHESTER!

Mason Dixie said...

Sorry you are feeling down, I wish that darn bunny would deliver your goodies to cheer you up=) or I could stop by and fill up that extra spot on your bed?

Life is good in Koda's World said...

Aw Chester, cheer up buddy, the weather will pick up soon and then you'll have some participants to play with you. Hang in there big guy. Let me tell you a secret...if you have zoomies all around the house, then your mom and dad won't have a choice but to take you out. (trust me, it works)

love,
Koda

Team 4 Dawg Flite said...

Chester, sorry you can't go to Virginia Beach and dock dive with me. I'm really disappointed. But we'll be up in that area again, so I'm sure we'll catch up with each other. I hope you're continuing to practice. I don't like scary movies. I go back to the back of the house if something scary comes on TV. I like funny, happy movies or movies about dogs. We just watched My Dog Skip the other day. It was GREAT! Hope you're out and having adventures soon. BTW, I see your Groundhog total is up to five. I'm impressed! Love, Sally

Mason Dixie said...

He he, you sure do know how to make a girl blush. =) I emailed the bunny to see if I could get a tracking number. Maybe the holidays is slowing him down a bit. =)

Mason Dixie said...

The Bunny says he should be stopping by tomorrow with the mail =)

Life With Dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Stick said...

Thanks for selling me out - now the entire dog world knows about my foot fetish.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh Misery was an awesome movie.. we love your stick.. he he

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Stella said...

Euwwwww, you found Mr. Bad Boy! Be careful, is all I have to say.

Kisses,
Stella

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...