Monday, January 09, 2012

Before and Afterthoughts

With the promise of unseasonably warm weather predicted for this past Saturday, I put my mental telepathy powers to use and tossed the notion into Mom's noggin that a trip to the dawg park was just what this good ol' boy could use. I knew it had taken hold when I heard her say that she was goin' to make a trip to the little out-of-the-way butcher shop that just so happens to be in the same neighborhood as the dawg park. My powers of suggestion might need a little practice; for she did take me to the dawg park, but I had also mentally suggested that I get a snack from the bag of goodies that went into the cooler, which unfortunately did not happen. Oh well, I guess battin' .500 is still nuthin' to sneeze at.

As in most places, when you get a couple warm January days in a row, the frozen tundra turns into a bog of slippery, glorious brown goo called mud. Saturday was no exception as can be seen from the followin' pics.

Yeeee-Hawwwww!


Maxwell showed up a couple minutes later and bein's how we look a whole lotta  alike and both wearin' brown collars to boot, our PUs had trouble knowin' which dawg was which.

Note the little 2 legger's sneakers. They were white when she first got there.

All colors of Labradorks showed up - although the yellow lab was not allowed to stay oncet his PUs saw the condition of the park. I guess they like his yellow labradorkness and wanted to keep him that way.

We quickly collaborated on how we could snap that leash off so he could make a run for it. Alas - they were on to our secret plan and scurried him quickly away.



Didn't they know the drinks were free?

I had to stop for a quick check of my undercarriage ~ just
long enough to make sure my hose wasn't clogged.

My exhaust pipe was good to go also.

Freckles of mud highlight my happy face for the ride home. 

SCREEEEEEEECH!!!
I never gave it a thought to use my mental telepathy powers
to tell her to not stop at the


DOGONNIT!


It's Monday and let this be a lesson to you: when usin' your powers of suggestion this week, make sure not to forget any details.

Chester ;0=)


*For live action video - Click here for Video 1 and here for Video 2.










7 comments:

houndstooth said...

We had a similar scenario Friday afternoon at our dog park! It was sixty degrees, it would have been criminal to miss a dog park run that day! We didn't get nearly as muddy as you did, but we did see Labradors of two different colors, but none of them were chocolate. Next time, definitely work on getting something out of that cooler!

Bunny

Golden Samantha said...

THAT is one ginormous doggeh park! Love that expression on your mug that says, "free drinks" heheh! You truly look astonished! And we love the movies of you playin' with that other dawg - looks like you had a great time - we love the muck too, of course... we're about to visit the park too - maybe some pix will show up on our own bloggerino!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We need to find that dog park - Ciara and Lightning would love to have a mud fight. We couldn't help but laugh at your checking the undercarriage, hose, and exhaust - too funny, Chester:)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Two French Bulldogs said...

we see a bath in the very near future
Benny & Lily

Keith Andrea said...

.,sounds you had a great time...


Dog Fence
Pet Solutions
Its All About Bichon

Life With Dogs said...

LOL! Glad to know you're not suffering from cloggage. ;)

Best Barking Dog Collar said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...