Monday, November 14, 2011

Lab Tested

A few weeks ago, me and my PUs were drivin' along when Mom's head snapped to the right as she noticed a big square of fence at a somewhat nearby people park. We've gone there to walk before but we could plainly see that sumpthin' new was in the works. Mom hollered "I think that's gonna be a dawg park!" We had other things to attend to that day and couldn't stop to check it out. But yesterday, Dad and my Uncle John got together to do he-man stuff so I was left alone with Mom. I suggested we go investigate what we had seen earler and so we did.


As soon as we got there and saw the other dawgs playin', I voiced my opinion that there needed to be some Chocolate in the congregation, which was 90% lab brats, 10% other dawgs. We came to find out that the dawg park is not even officially open yet, but that didn't stop us from givin' it a thorough testin'.

Here I am meetin' my new friends, Lila and her brother whose name I did not catch, and Jovi who looked like some sort of Basenji mix. Her PUs didn't know for sure, 'cuz she had been adopted from Better Days animal shelter.



The blondes were teamin' up on me  here....
and I loved every minute of it.









I thought mebbee stickin' my tongue out at Gus would make him
give up his tennis ball, but he was not givin' it to anybody but his Mom.



This is Sarah - Gus's Cattle dawg sister. She is about 9 years old and adopted too. Her Mom of two months said she hadn't been socialized much so this was somewhat new, and stressful to her. She did good and only bared her teeth at me once when I tried to smell her breath. I think she had a good time anyway.



Here comes Jovi again - she's a really good kisser. Not that I would know, but she planted several on Mom which made her laugh so I'm assumin' she must be a pretty good kisser.



Molly came late but it didn't take her long to get into the swing of things.
Mom gave her a good back scratchin' and remarked at how calm she was.
Whatever you're into I guess....



I tried out the dawg only waterin' hole many times
'cuz I didn't wanna run outta pee markin' fluid.



We all finally went our separate ways but I think I can speak for all my new friends,
that the dawg park has been been 


 and approved!!!


So....here it is, Monday again. I hope the work week doesn't test you so badly that you
have trouble puttin' your very own stamp of approval on it.
Chester ;0=)
























4 comments:

houndstooth said...

That's a lot of labraness! I'm so glad you found the new park and had such a good time there. We tried to get Dad to go to the dog park yesterday, but he was a big old stick in the mud!

Bunny

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looks like a fun filled weekend!
Benny & Lily

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Looks like a great time with all the labs! Happy Monday!!

Life With Dogs said...

Does all this fun mean your two-legger will have a night of peace? Please say no. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...