Friday, June 10, 2011

Toyin' With the Enemy

 DRUG [druhg] - verb
 A simple past tense and past participle of drag

Why do I bring that to your attention, you ask? Well as far as I'm concerned, this week has [druhg] on far too long. The only thing that accelerated the work week's demise was the fact that I found a mystery box on my doorstep Wednesday evenin'. I opened the silly-faced dawg card to find out that the shippers of this heavenly box of goodies was from none other than my Golden girls, Sammie and Avalon from California.


  

The strange thing was that the box appeared to have already been opened. Cautiously, I peeked inside. Much to my delight and surprise I found a bag of yummy Chocolick K-9 brownies. Brownies for Big Brownie-what's not to love about that???


The aroma that flowed outta that bag is beyond description. I'm not sure if my nose or my tail was workin' harder. Rivers of drool flowed freely as I couldn't get one in my mouth fast enough. Apparently the brownie bouquet had Mom's attention too. Next thing ya know, my eyes were buggin' outta my head as she blatantly stole one and nibbled on it. I could tell from her reaction that it was gonna be necessary for me to hide these in a safe place if I ever wanted to see them again. As I reveled in the glorious taste of the carob covered goodness, my thoughts began to turn to the size of the box in comparison to the size of the Brownie bag. I stuck my head in the box and began to be consumed by the overwhelmin' smell of............



GROUNDHOGGEH!!!!  But there was no hoggeh to be found anywhere in that box. My heart beat fast as I changed from mild-mannered labradork to crazed asassin faster than Superman can tie his cape strings. The radical rodent that had escaped his cardboard prison was not goin' to vanish on my watch. My killer instinct dove into action.

Ah-HAH! A hosta hidin' Hoggeh!
(Too easy, think I'll just toy with him a bit.)

Go ahead, hide in the log pile. I'll find you....you little sap suckah!

Lookin' for help from one of your own kind, Hoggeh?
(Heh, heh, heh...little does he know that I "helped"
them move out two weeks ago.)

Snail mail might be one way to get outta here.....


.....but Big Brown is gonna be the one that delivers you, Hoggeh. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!


WARNIN': THE FOLLOWIN' MAY BE CONSIDERED OBJECTIONABLE TO SOME...PLEASE CONTINUE ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT DISTURBED EASILY.









I am happy to report that this California Hoggeh will be pushin' up
Pennsylvania daisies in the near future.
Many thanks to Sammie and Avalon for the wonderful box o'goodness ~
You ROCK!!!
♥♡♥

Happy Friday to all for conquerin' another work week!
Chester ;0=)
















7 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Good one, Chester - guess you really showed that groundhog who's the boss! Very nice of Sammie and Avalon to send you those goodies and stuffie.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Two French Bulldogs said...

Get him Chester! BOL
Benny & Lily

houndstooth said...

Oh, that was one wily hoggeh! I'm glad you tracked him down! No groundhog escapes Big Brown!

Bunny

Kristin G. said...

I love you Chester! Nuff said!!!!!!!

Golden Samantha said...

You are so funzers, Chester... you and your Mom! That little escape artist was ever so clever to hop outta that box and into... well... the fryin' pan? We are sure he isn't long for this world! And we are so glad your Mom appreciated those brownie "goodnesses"!!! Love the post; it was furry generous!
Big Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Ava

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom says she'll look fur the kharnage on Sunday -

Woo might want to watch fur her -

Maybe your new sibling is in The Xterra this weekend -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Life With Dogs said...

Oh the carnage, make it stop! ;)
I have to admit that the mail box pic has me giggling madly. What is it about animals in mail boxes that is so cute?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...