Monday, May 23, 2011

Park Ranger Pooch

Bein's that next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, many two leggers will be flockin' to the local state parks for picnicin', swimmin' and hikin'. I took it upon myself to make sure my favorite park - Cowan's Gap, was ready to take on the masses.

As we pulled into the parkin' lot early yesterday mornin', I announced to everyone within earshot and then some that I was on duty and inspection was about to begin.




Paddle boats ....



....are lookin' good to go. ✔

Rescue equipment and safety signs are in place; such as this "Swim at your own risk" sign - because not all 2 leggers are as good at swimmin' as I am. ✔



Courtesy signs had been placed throughout the park askin' for guests to pick up after their pooch ~ 'cuz nobody wants to step in dawgie-doo-do, myself included. 



I left no stone or leaf unturned to make sure the trail was in good shape....



....and the water fountains are in workin' order. ✔



Halfway around the lake, I ran into another ranger. We quickly compared notes and then moved on. No time for play today.




Last but not least, I did a quality assurance check-up with guests as they finished their meal and offered to assist with leftovers clean-up. ✔ and double ✔ ✔



Speakin' of ✔'s, check this out - Grandma Hoover decided to make an appearance! She's gettin' up in years but I think she's still quite a looker. Can you see the family resemblance?


Bein' the feisty old dawg that she is, she let my superiors know how she felt about me havin' to work so hard, especially on a Sunday.


It's no wonder I act the way I do - attitude seems to run in the family.

Well, I hope you at least were able to get out and enjoy the weekend and didn't spend all your time workin'. Let's just keep our paws crossed that this work week doesn't take it's good ol' time checkin' outta town.

Chester ;0=)









8 comments:

Dexter said...

Golly, Chester, did cars pull over to the side of the road to make way? Nice siren you have going there. OUTTA MY WAY, PARK RANGER COMING THROUGH!

Slobbers,
Mango

Two French Bulldogs said...

Every buddy's must have felt safe with you in the park!
Benny & Lily

Life With Dogs said...

Did you go camping afterward? If so, did you pitch a tent? ;)

Kristin G. said...

I thought I heard you yesterday, you Homeland Security silly head! Leave it Buggers to reference pitching a tent!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sheesh, Chester, we didn't think the humans were ever going to reach that parking lot! You were just so eager to get to work. Glad you found the park ready to go for all the visitors to come. Wish we could find that park and meet up with you.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

houndstooth said...

It's impressive that you were so dedicated Chester! I am sure all the humans will appreciate your diligence. That really is quite the family resemblance! I had to do a double take!

Bunny

Rider, Lilly, and Jack said...

So glad to see your tail working again! <3 <3 <3

Dog Sitting Los Angeles said...

I really enjoyed your blog post, i always got good, relevant and useful information from your new and unique posts, i m sure your blog will keep us continues update. Thanks for providing us such useful information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...