Monday, July 27, 2009

Summertime and the livin' is easy......

......... Hush, little doggies - don't you cry! Chester's still here! Summertime is great but does not allow much time for weavin' fantastic tales of adventure and suspense at the keyboard. I'm hopin' you are all out there frolickin' in the great outdoors yourselves and have not had time to miss me. Would we really want to be stuck inside while the summer days hold out their paws stuffed with fantastic bone-shaped trinkets of joy? I think not.

So what have I been up to, you ask? Where to start? Hmmmmmm.............

First of all I think I'll show you my new camouflage outfit for groundhog hunting. It has proven to be quite effective. Since donning this new get-up I have jumped the kill status from 19 to the current 23. I definitely think it was worth the effort it took to acquire this piece of stalking attire.



Next up-choppin' some wood so's to have a little cook-out at the fire pit.



Here we have some fresh pulled sweet corn roastin' on the coals. Sounded like a grand idea at the time-and it did taste good-but it was hard to husk when it's hot and blackened. Anybody have any tricks up their sleeve for that? I don't really need to know for myself but Mom and Dad are curious. To me it's fine right off the stalk-no need to cook it at all.



Then I have this picture showing summer's bounty being held in captivity. Red beets all canned and patiently waiting the cold of winter to be released from their prison.



When the chores are all finished it's always fun to hunt for washed up treasures at the water's edge of Lake Marburg. Even though it takes us awhile to get there, we find ourselves drawn back frequently to enjoy the beauty of Codorus State Park.



And last but not least, what could be more fun than gettin' to swim with Dad? Since his hair is shorter than mine, he doesn't have to worry about gettin' it wet. We had a blast!


That pretty much sums up the latest happenin's in my little part of the world. And again, I hope you are all havin' some great adventures of your own. When the temperature starts to drop, we'll all have to get together again and share our inner thoughts around a cup of hot coffee - or gravy if you prefer.

Soakin' up the sun,
Chester  ;0=)

11 comments:

Life With Dogs said...

Definitely gravy. :)

Your summer is hard to beet, no? I saw that you brought your camouflage outfit to the lake with you - smart plan!

Martha said...

What a great summer Chester - you seem to be having great weather unlike us!
Loved the picture of you swimming - life's simple pleasures.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Holly said...

Those beets look beautiful! Your Mom is way too cool. And, if you find treasure on that beach, make sure you share it with all of us.

Nico and The Bandit said...

My dogs, Nico and Bandit, are jealous! It's so hot down here in Alabama, they have to stay in the air-conditioning during the day. Like your blog, Chester!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

I need a nap after taking ALL that in!

Next time woo get to York Khounty ring me up - I'll try to get away from Mom and see woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Andrea said...

Chester,
It looks like you have been having great fun and keeping cool swimming.
Blessings,
Andrea and Sitka

Budrow Wilson Spain said...

What a wonderful life you led Chester. I need your address so I can mail myself to you.

D.K. Wall said...

Wow that is some camouflage outfit! Kiska can pick her own camouflage when she walks through brush, but we think that is by accident.

Unknown said...

for the corn, I suggest an old towel or rag (kitchen, natch, not something you'd use for car oil changes).
Take one rag, fold a couple of times so it's thick and wrap 1/2-2/3 of the way down the ear.
Take the other rag and fold over just a few times (so you still have dexterity) and pull at the top of the ear, down to where you're holding.
Move the bottom rag down and repeat pulling.

'snot perfect, but it's better than bare hands.
(love me some corn)

Nika + PARKER said...

You are a genius!!! Oh but wait that comes from being a chocolatey lab - just like me. I mean that camouflage, is insane - good work buddy!!

Girl Tornado said...

Ringo is quite jealous of Chester's new camouflage outfit. Stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...