Tuesday, May 19, 2009

There's a Monster in da House!

Hello friends! I am finally making it back to DogBlogville after a small absence. Along with the beautiful spring weather has come all the work that goes with it. Mowing, mulching, weeding, planting, not to mention the illegal alien surveillance that constantly needs my supervision. Whewwwwww! Busy, busy, busy! My social life has taken quite a beatin' from it all, I must say.

I'm sure none of this is a big surprise to any of you, for we all have our chores to do. Not the least of which is being man's best friend. We all know how hard that can be sometimes, but we dawgs must keep in mind that they are only humans and we can't expect too much of them. I know it takes alot out of me just being there to help them bear their human burdens.

I had a sort of birthday celebration on Friday May 15th. I turned two and a half years old. I know I'm getting to the age where I probably shouldn't be counting the "halves" but dang it, if I can get a present out of it, why the heck not?

For quite some time now I have had a round Kong named "Treaty Ball" that Mom puts a biscuit in and I chomp on it until the biscuit spews out in little pieces and then I gobble them up. The first time I was given Treaty Ball, it took me about 15 minutes to get the biscuit out and into my belly. Once I mastered it the first time, I quickly narrowed the time down to about 5 minutes. This did not necessarily please Mom for she thought it would divert my attention away from less desireable (to her) interests a little longer than that.

So for my two and a half birthday I did manage to get one new toy, a new twist on an old game-if you will. It is called a Monster Mouth.

Let me tell you, this is one tough nut to crack! Kinda like a Rubik's cube for dawgs. This sucker took me a good 45 minutes to get all the biscuit out-and it wasn't even a big one! Mom was quite pleased for she knew I was not roamin' the house lookin' for trouble like I normally am.

This video shows me trying it out for the very first time. You'll have to excuse the poor lighting, for it was about 5:00 am. and the sun had not peeked into our windows yet. This may also explain how long it took me for I had not had my coffee yet and my brain was still a little sluggish.



My jaws were gettin' tired but this Monster was not going to beat me!

I took a breather and found Mom and Dad's bed much more comfortable for workin'. Don't worry about me dirtying up the bedspread. What you see is the bedspread cover that Mom keeps there just for catching my hair and slobbers.



FINALLY I got all the biscuit out! Oh the joy of winning! I must admit I really liked the challenge. Me and my Monster are gonna have some great times together-but only after my chores are done!

I love you Monster Mouth!



Woofs and Monster slobbers!
Chester

11 comments:

Stella said...

Sounds like a lot of work to me, Chester.

Why won't she just get you a nice hard bone, my Mom does and they are good for DAYZ!

Kisses,
Stella

Peeess: The word I had to type in was nomies . . .get it? Nummies! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Happy two and a half year old birthday, Chester! Congratulations on getting that biscuit!

See ya!
Joey and Zeke

Nibbles Treats said...

Happy birthday, of sorts. Nice job on retrieving the biscuit. We probably would have given up and gone to find some yummy tissues in the bathroom garbage can.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Mason Dixie said...

How does your new toy work? how long did it take your mom to figure how to put the treat in it?

Team 4 Dawg Flite said...

Happy 2 and a half birthday, Chester. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. Okay, okay....I wish I could have been there to eat the treats with you. But that counts. Love, Sally

ThePainterPack said...

Oh Chester!! I has missed woo!! So glad to see woo are enjoying the new toy! It looks like so much fun! Maybe I can come over and play?

Mya Boo Boo

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy 2 1/2 year birthday, Chester! What a brilliant idea to celebrate more than just once a year!
We totally understand about the grass cutting and gardening chores! Our hoomans are always at it too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Rufus and Indie said...

VICTORY! :)

Nika + PARKER said...

Chester!!! OMG it DOES look like i'm looking in the mirror : ) Wow you are handsome, if I say so myself!! Now about that half Birthday!!! Woohoo Celebrate with me, it was my 4th yesterday, all the toys we can get, whatever it takes!!

Budrow Wilson Spain said...

WOW Chester I will have to get my mommy to buy me a Monster Mouth. I have my Kongs and my Everlasting Treat but I prefer to mix things up from day to day. Must keep the mind exercised as well as the muscles.

Kimberly said...

THAT LAST PICTURE OF YOU IS GREAT CHESTER... NICE NAILS :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...