Monday, December 29, 2008

Chester's First Gig at the Nursing Home



Hey Gang! Get a load of me at the nursing home! Mom has a friend who lives at the home and she's been wanting to take me there. First she called and checked to make sure that a four legged fella of my kind could visit and they said they'd love to have me as long as Mom could produce the paperwork saying I had all my shots. Like I would bite anybody! (I did slobber on a few so I guess vaccinations could be a reasonable request.) The pictures are of Mom, her friend Phyllis and yours truly. Mom and her used to work together at the print shop. (They were strippers. Yeah, I laughed too until I found out that a stripper in the printing world is a whole different ballgame.) I was the hit of the show, if I do say so myself. Everybody had to stop and chat while I was there. I particularly liked one fella and he needed extra kisses 'cause Phyllis said his wife died a couple months ago and well, he just adored me. Anywhooooo,she's off work this week and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to post any pictures 'cause uh, ya see, it's kinda embarassing but oh geeesh, I'm just gonna come out and tell you. We still have dial-up! Can you believe it? It's like living in the stone ages! But if you're reading this post, my uploads musta worked. Here I am, working my wiggly butt off entertaining the folks at the home and I can't have hi speed internet? What's a dog to do? Oh well, I really shouldn't complain 'cause in my next post I'm gonna show off all the cool toys I got for Christmas. So I better go apologize to Mom for the dial up thing. (I think she's working on getting hi-speed and maybe, just maybe a MAC instead of this crappy PC! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! I'll be posting again soon 'cause she's going shopping tomorrow with Grammy and Pappy and I'll have more time then. Woofs and slobbers! Chester

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Chester! I'll bet you put more smiles on their faces than you'll ever know. They're probably still talking about you! It's nice you took your Mom with you; I know Phyllis was happy to see her. Have a GREAT week - and a Happy New Year!

Team 4 Dawg Flite said...

Hi Chester, this is Spud, Sally's sister. I am a therapy dog and I go to nursing homes also. Sometime I'll tell you a real funny story about how I almost stole a tennis ball from an old lady's wheelchair. I didn't know it was for her to grab her brake easier. I thought it was just there for me to play with! Anyway, going to nursing homes is neat. You get lots and lots of attention. Keep up the good work, and Happy New Year from Team Fire and Ice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...